OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2013

From:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:56:48 -0500
DECEMBER EVENTS WITH AUDUBON SOCIETY OF GREATER CLEVELAND
 Saturday December 14, 2013-3:00-5:00 PM
 “Gardening for the Birds"
 James F. McCarty
 Plain Dealer Bird Columnist of the Aerial View

 Jim will take time from his great birding adventures to talk to us about planting native Ohio shrubs, flowers and trees to provide food and shelter to attract birds to your home. Winter feeding will also be incl...uded. Jim has worked at The Plain Dealer since 1991, primarily covering courts and legal issues and has written the birding column, Aerial View, since 2004. A frequent speaker about birds on many occasions, on WCPN-FM, 90.3, at the Cleveland Home & Garden Show, to garden clubs and Audubon Society groups in Cleveland, Bedford, Lorain County, Erie County, and Lake County. This Saturday Afternoon Backyard Naturalist event is held at the Novak Education Center, 382 Townline Road, Aurora, Ohio and is free and open to the public.

 Friday December 20th 7:00P.M.(evening)
  Annual Winter Solstice Hike Aurora Sanctuary
 Join us to celebrate our longest night (close to it) of the year in the woods with the owls, southern
 flying squirrels, and coyotes. Most self-respecting wildlife will be cozy in their winter dens, but
 we foolish  human creatures will brave the harsh weather for “fun”! Hope for a fresh cover of
 snow which will transform the woods into a magnificent, quiet and beautiful, natural cathedral!
 Meet at the Aurora Sanctuary parking lot on the north side of Pioneer Trail a few hundred yards
 East of Page Rd. in Aurora.
 Go to www.clevelandaudubon.org for more information. Sandy Buckles, M.S.Education ChairAudubon Society of Greater Cleveland
"We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards that those who follow us may see our mark on the land was one of respect and love....."( From a trail marker at Settler's Cove, near Ketchikan , Alaska.)
Robert B. Oetting