OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
William Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 00:46:13 +0000
We saw what appeared to be a 1st year Snowy Owl flying North  over the fields between the Findlay Res and the large dairy farm just south of the Blanchard River.  It was flying to our right and appeared to have some dark
patches on its sides.  Otherwise it was definitely white. May have landed near the barns but we lost sight of it and when we drove past again we could not locate it. This is the same area that held A Snowy two years ago.  Roads are slippery and snow covered. Use caution.
Bill and Jeff Rinehart
Bloomdale OH
Southern Wood Co