OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
John Troyer Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Troyer Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:30:38 -0500
Hello Everyone,

This is Lois, and I would like to request prayer for my cousin and her
husband.

Marcus and Maryann Kauffman have been married for 15 months and are
expecting a baby in February.  They live in Cleveland NC.  On December 2nd
around 10 a.m. they arrived home from visiting Maryann's parents in GA to
find their home being burglarized.  Marcus was shot in the back of the head
by one of the burglars.  The bullet lodged behind his right eye.  They did
surgery and removed it and he began to improve, though he was still in
critical condition.  They had got the swelling down some on his brain and
the pressure was improved.  The doctors were going to start letting him come
out of his sedation today.  But on Tuesday he had a number of strokes and
his brain pressure shot up, and he developed pneumonia.  The doctor met with
the family last night and told them there is nothing more they can do, and
it may be time to let go.  Please pray for Marcus, but especially for
Maryann.  She needs all the strength and grace she can get.  They are trying
to decide when to take him off life support.  This seems to be a complete
nightmarish disaster, but God is in this.  We don't understand, but still
God is in control.  Maryann is only 20 years old and Marcus was such a
promising young man.  Yet God chose them to through this. Please help us
pray!!

Lois Troyer