OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
"liz.jaggers" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
liz.jaggers
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2013 19:54:19 -0500
I am glad this dialog has been started. I have wondered what the difference is between putting out seed etc vs providing appropriate meals for raptors (not to bate but to help survive). ..heck our bird feeders are grocery stores already for hungry hawks and that certainly isn't a natural situation. Haven't some songbird species ranges actually been affected by backyard feeders and may in part contribute to some species' extended ranges? Maybe the comparison isn't a good one?

I appreciate learning from this group and hope the dialog continues to educate in a respectful and meaningful way.

Liz Jaggers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4