OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
Not Right <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Not Right <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:03:16 -0800
I agree with Becky one the pros/cons issue.  As I said before, I am torn, so I defer to the experts.   I know raptors can habituate quickly-ask the hawks that very quickly learned what time of day I let my bantam chickens out of their pen....  and they are not like seed eaters, sap eaters or even insect eaters that can go here and there and find seeds here and berries there whether from the woods or our feeder.  They have to hunt.   And depending on on how/where they are being fed-it may or may not be detrimental to their overall well being.

Kimba J
Summit