OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
Amanda Duren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amanda Duren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2013 08:56:36 -0500
The Ohio Bird Conservation Initiative is offering a free online webinar
presentation on Wednesday, January 15th from 12-1pm:

Owls of Ohio

by Jim McCormac, Ohio Division of Wildlife

January 15, 2014 from 12-1pm EST

The first known bird artwork features Snowy Owls. People are still smitten
with owls, 30,000 years after those ancient artists’ depicted owls in a
cave in France. Owls are especially in the news this winter, due to a major
Snowy Owl irruption that has brought dozens of the big white birds to Ohio.
This program will discuss the fascinating features that make owls such
formidable predators, their relationships with people, and the specifics of
the eight species that regularly occur in Ohio.

To register and receive log-in instructions, please visit:
http://obcinet.org/lunchwiththebirds/

For those who are unable to log on for the live webinar, a recording of the
presentation will be posted by January 17th at:
http://obcinet.org/lunchwiththebirds/

Please email me at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Amanda Duren
Program Coordinator
Ohio Bird Conservation Initiative
614-432-8489