OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:04:09 -0500
Hi all,

A Tundra Swan continues at the Kent State University Trumbull branch so I stop quickly to get some waterfowl counts. As I was counting the 900 or so Canada Geese,  my visiting girlfriend (and birder) from Ontario picked out a new county bird for myself - a Cackling Goose! As I type, the geese are getting up and flying to the fields to the east. It should still be around if you decide to chase this normally uncommon western Ohio migrant.

Ethan Kistler
Newton Falls, Ohio

Sent via the PANTECH Flex, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.