OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
Andrew Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:58:51 -0500
Check out page 40 - that's where the text I refer to is.

Maybe where the confusion is coming in is where a species is countable; the
swan is not on Ohio's list, so not countable here. But go up to the Seney
NWR in Michigan and you can count it there, since that population is
considered established and is on the state list.

Of course, it's your list; what you choose to count is up to you. The ABA
Checklist basically is what ABA members agree to use when submitting
checklists. I have a similar situation, where I have a couple Florida birds
that don't count on my ABA list, because I saw them before they made it on
the check list, even though they were on the state list! But, they stay off
my ABA list (at least until I get back to Florida!).