OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:06:13 -0800
Hi all,

No sign of the Baird's Sandpiper today. It could be anywhere along the reservoirs shoreline! One lone Killdeer was the only shorebird.

Ethan Kistler
Newton Falls, Ohio

 Subject: Re: [Ohio-birds] BAIRD'S SANDPIPER West Branch
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Sunday, December 8, 2013, 9:56 PM

 Great find

 FYI
  a Baird's Sandpiper was photographed in Centre
 Co.,Pennsylvania on 12/7/11
 This was the first winter record for the state

 Mark Vass
 Ambridge,Pa.

 ------------------------------
 On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 9:18 PM EST jen brumfield wrote:

 >By far the rarest bird in Ohio right now is an ADULT
 BAIRD'S Sandpiper found today at the extreme east end of
 West Branch State Park in Portage County. Found by Judy
 Semroc and immediately corroborated by Larry Rosche, the
 bird was photographed and seen point-blank by their
 Cleveland Museum of Natural History waterbird tour. There
 are extremely few winter records for the Eastern US.

 >JB
 >CLE, OH
 >www.jenbrumfield.com
 Ornithological Society.
 www.ohiobirds.org/site/membership.php.
 >Our thanks to Miami University for hosting this mailing
 list.

 >You can join or leave the list, or change your options,
 at: