OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
M & D Dunakin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M & D Dunakin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2013 15:13:56 -0500
Greetings from the flatlands,

In a eerily similar case of déjà vu,  late this morning Micki and I were once again driving along Road 162 north of Paulding looking for Snow Buntings when Micki spotted a white form in the distance.  Once again, just as last December, it turned out to be a Snowy Owl (perhaps the same bird?) in nearly the identical location where it had been originally found last year!  We might well be calling this bird ‘Old Mr. Dependable.’

Location:  1/2  mile north of Township Road 162, 1/4 mile west of Township Road 97 and about 1 3/4 miles west of U.S. 127.  Road 162 is located about a mile north of the village of Paulding.  Township Road 162 is one mile south of the Lafarge Cement Plant and Quarry for those who like large landmarks.

The bird was spotted at around 12:30 p.m., but for those of you who depend on instant reports, relax!  If this bird behaves as it has in the past, it might well stick around for several weeks.

Bird long and prosper!
Doug & Micki Dunakin
Antwerp, O.