OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
Laura Dornan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Dornan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:06:50 -0800
Tim & I went to scout out our new territory for the Quail Hollow CBC this morning and found some very good birds....a huge flock of 1000 or more Red-wing Blackbirds that also carried at least 3 Rusty Blackbirds and 1 Yellow-headed Blackbird!!  This was on Breit Rd, east of Reeder Ave and south of RT 619.  The flock flew off while we were observing it.  I doubt that it will still be around come count day on Saturday but they will still be count week birds.  So all you CBCers and other birders in the area of Marlboro, keep your eyes peeled and really give a close look at the large blackbird flocks.
Laura Dornan
Louisville