OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2013

From:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 08:04:37 -0500
Hi All,

It's great that we're getting so many reports of Snowy Owls in the state  (52! Wow!).  It would be great if these reports were shared publicly so that folks can go and observe these ambassadors of the north locally.  Not everyone uses Facebook groups for bird reports (I personally don't find it user-friendly, and it isn't as convenient as checking this site for widespread reports: http://birding.aba.org/  ....I know I sound like some sort of curmudgeon).  Only a handful of the Snowy Owls that have shown up have been reported to the listserv, and most of these seem to be from the Cleveland lakefront area.

If you have details about where birds have been observed, especially in Licking County or Wayne County, I'd appreciate knowing about those.  I've been out driving back roads of Knox Co. in search of owls as well (fingers crossed).

So please share details about where Snowy Owls can be observed, even if they don't seem to hang around long in a specific area.  Some searching may find them elsewhere nearby.

Thanks,

Casey Tucker