OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

From:
Paul Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:17:53 -0800
Welcome to Ohio Birds!

The lack of details in locational
Hi Jean,

Welcome to Ohio Birds!

The lack of details in locational information is a perennial complaint on the list. We will try to do better, but inevitably we will fall back into our old bad habits. There are a few resources that will help.

First, if you put any place name followed by "OH" into the Google search box, you will often get a useful result. Wendy Park, for example, comes right up.

Second, there is a birding site guide on the Ohio Ornithological Website. Use the "Library" menu. <http://www.ohiobirds.org/site/library/sites/about.php>

Finally, you can try the Ebird hotspots. Many of the places will be found there.

Happy birding,
Paul

Paul Gardner
Columbus, OH