OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:54:10 -0500
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I second Paul Gardner's suggestion to try and use google maps (
> http://www.google.com/maps), which works well more often than not, but I
> also wanted to add some useful links for eBird Hotspots:
>
> Ohio Hotspots Wiki:  http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/

Here's a tip for finding a location in the Ohio eBird Hot Spot web site.
The wiki has an excellent search function at the top of the left menu bar
column on every page. If you are not sure what county the hot spot is in or
not even sure of the whole name of the location, just type all or part of
the name of the location you have in mind into the search box. The wiki
will then show you the pages that are possible. If you type Wendy Park in
the search box the wiki shows you a link to the page describing that hot
spot. Of course, if you type State Park or Wildlife Area you will get lots
of pages! I use that search function myself quite a bit. It saves the step
of navigating to the proper county page or to the alphabetical list of hot
spots to find the one for which you are looking.

Best wishes for good searching!

Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hot Spot reviewer for Ohio