OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

From:
Laura Madden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 17:39:39 -0500
Today around 2:30 TO 3:30pm at the 100TH Bomb Group Restaurant on Grayton Road, in Brook Park, 3 of us observed two snowy owls sitting far away in the grass across from the left side of the parking lot.  One gentlemen left (Dan Best) and the other gentleman and myself observed an additional snowy flying towards Grayton Road and then landed on the fence.  I drove
over by the fence and observed it and watched it fly down into the grass 3 times to look for food.  I left and it was still sitting there.

Also, observed a pair of kestrels, one eating a mouse on the fence directly across from the restaurant, very close views.

Dan also said he had observed a rough-legged hawk fly over before I arrived.

Another woman was there watching also who had driven in from Indiana so she was thrilled to see the snowies.  That was her
purpose for driving here!

Laura Madden