OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:36:56 -0500
Sorry for late posting of my viewing while volunteering at Blendon Woods Metro Park in Columbus, Ohio on the 27th.

Mostly “usual suspects” however the sun shown brightly and having my camera with me I was able to get some images of some Redhead Ducks, a super large Red Tail and a Cooper’s Hawk waiting for someone to make a mistake at the feeder by the East Blind.  Other opportunities were at least one and possibly 2 Pileated Woodpeckers plus on very well filled out and no doubt warm Red Squirrel at the Nature Center. There was also a “Tundra Swan” on the ice with head buried underwing and not worth posting.

I have posted a couple of my images in my flicker account (new to me) from Wednesday to anyone interested in stopping by.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/114573187@N06/sets/72157640366999965/ (and not all sure whether this works…)

Doug Askew
Metro Parks Volunteer