OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

From:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 17:24:05 -0500
I stopped at Watermark and at Griggs at 3:45.  I did see three Gadwall at Watermark, in addition to much of what Rob reports.
I can add that at Griggs there were 16 Hooded Mergansers, mallards, American Black ducks, and a male and three female Common Goldeneyes.  Quite otherwise, except for a huge flock of robins, starlings, and a very noisy pair of Carolina Wrens.  As I was driving along 33 just south of 161, there was a large group of birds concentrated in a small area on the river.  It looked like a lot of geese, but there is no place to stop.  Might be worth checking Kiwanis.

Sent from my iPad