OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

From:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:11:16 -0500
They were still there at about 4:30 this afternoon. I counted 9 Snow
Buntings, 2 Lapland Longspurs and about 20 American Tree Sparrows. The
buntings and longspurs were in the NW corner of pond in the tall grass.

Did not see the Glaucous Gull reported yesterday but there was a lot of fog
developing due to cold air temps and warm water temps.

I did find 41 buntings and one longspur at the intersection of Butter St
and Eckhart Rd just south east of Germantown in Montgomery County around
5:00 PM.

--
John Habig
Carlisle, Ohio