OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2014

From:
Charles Bombaci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Bombaci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:53:43 -0800
This afternoon Linda and I were guests of Mike Jordan at his
home in Delaware County. Both Mike and I volunteer at the Preservation Parks of
Delaware County. Mike has been putting out seed for the birds with great
success. Linda and I enjoyed up close viewing of Lapland Longspurs, Snow
Buntings, Horned Larks and American Tree Sparrows. A conservative estimate of
the numbers is close to 1,000 Lapland Longspurs, 100 to 150 Snow Buntings, and
200+ Horned Larks, 100 to 150 American Tree Sparrows, 2 Northern Harriers
(1male, 1 female) and 1 juvenile White - crowned Sparrow.
Most of the activity was seen from Mike’s home and the
remainder during a drive around the nearby roads. The birds were along Malory
Road in Delaware County.
Big thanks to Mike for his hospitality.
Charlie Bombaci