OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2014

From:
Bob Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:40:21 -0500
Hi Ohio Birders
Annie and I celebrated Presidents Day by traveling up to see the Spotted Towhee in Wayne County.  We were greeted by a very nice hostess who told us exactly where it could be seen and the Towhee showed up a few minutes later.  An Eastern Towhee hopped out right beside the Spotted Towhee for side beside looks.  Enjoyed great looks at both light and dark Rough legged Hawks, Snow Buntings, Lapland Longspurs, and Ring necked Duck on the trip up.  The location for the Spotted Towhee can be found on Ebird coordinates and directions.

Bob & Annie

Robert D. Riggs
Pataskala, OH