OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2014

From:
Tom Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:15:32 -0500
Calling all birders!

They're baaack... a trickle of Rusty Blackbirds, our declining woodland
"shorebird" is returning northward. The McNulty's report early arrivals
below. I recorded my first individual bird yesterday calling with a duo of
redwings in a backyard tree.

You can help researchers better understand the poorly understood spring
movement of this species by reporting you observations in detail using
eBird. Please report all RUBL sightings. Researchers seek additional data
about habitats, associations, group sizes, locations, etc.

Online resources are available to assist you. Start here:
http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/

You may need to type the location directly into your browser, or just search
"Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz" More later...

Tom Bain
OOS Bird Conservation Chair