OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2014

From:
Cynthia Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2014 16:26:27 -0500
Thanks to Laura D for posting about the local [to me] snow
bunting-longspurs-horned lark group just off of Reeder Ave!  Two lifers for
me in one spot today.  In the process I met Ronnie and friend, more birders!

Also, saw a rough-legged hawk, at first looked like a dark bird trying to
gain altitude from woods about ¼ mi north of Breit St. just west of Reeder
Ave.  It flew overhead heading east.  I pulled the car over and got a good
look with the binoculars, totally forgot about the camera around my neck.

Cynthia Norris, Stark Co.

On the way home, we came upon a field that had very recently been spread
with manure.  It had at least a couple hundred Snow Buntings!  There were
also a few Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs but probably less than 2
dozen.  It was a most awesome sight!  This was on Reeder Rd., just south of
Price St. (north of Walborn Reservoir) at about 3:00.

Laura Dornan

Stark Co.