OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2014

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:48:57 -0400
The flight of waterfowl today was remarkable.  There was a constant movement
of birds all morning.  The lake was 95% frozen so birds were all over the
lake.  I'm guessing I had 10,000 unidentified waterfowl that were just too
far out.  Of note were 2 white-fronted geese and a Ross' goose, and a little
gull.  In all 25 species of waterfowl.

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey

Lakeshore Reservation, North Perry, Lake County

March 20, 2014, 0730-1030

Weather- cloudy, Wind- W 20-30

Temperature 38-37 F, Barometer- 29.79-29,98

Humidity-  84-80, dew point- 33-31

Ice cover 95%

Flight direction- west

GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE   2