OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2014

From:
Jim Kimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Kimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:15:28 -0400
I have been a birder since childhood learning to appreciate bird watching from my mother and grandmother.
But I also am a hunter and had many memorable and remarkable days afield.
For instance I will never forget the beauty of the sight at Pamlico Point in North Carolina and admiring a flock of teal buzzing our decoys  sounding almost like a jet plane ant the sun reflecting off their beautiful breast feathers.
Do any of you eat store-bought chicken or turkey?
I have eaten the meat or used the feathers of any ducks,doves or turkeys that  I have ever killed.
And I have thanked the bird or nature (God) when harvesting my kill
I am not removed from the gutting and cleaning of the meat as many civilized citizens are today
Ducks unlimited and the national wild turkey federation and money from hunting license sales all provide habitat resources support.
Perhaps it would have been more humane for the parks to have allowed hunting on these frozen lakes?
Respectfully,
Jim Kimmel
Butler county Ohio

Sent from my iPad