OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2014

From:
Robert Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:47:34 -0400
It was fortunate for the birds that the power plants along Lake Erie were
unable to execute their planned shutdowns on schedule.  In a few years
though, with similar winter weather, there will be only frozen lake at Avon
Lake, the 72nd marina and Eastlake.  Thermal pollution of the Cuyahoga  River
should keep some open water at Wendy Park. Other river mouths will be  about
the last open water.

In a message dated 3/25/2014 10:08:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,