OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2014

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:54:14 -0700
Today I started in Highland Hts at Aberdeen Bus Park on Golfview Lane off of Bishop Rd.  There was a Greater Yellowlegs in the wet field (don't think it is Lesser but I could be wrong), approx. 7 Wilson's Snipe, American Kestrel and viewing the lake in the Aberdeen development/golf course from limited sight I could see 9 Hooded Mergansers, 3 Redheads and Great Blue Heron flew over.

At the business park off of E. 260th St. in Euclid the usual 25-30 Killdeer, two Eastern Meadowlarks, and watching Killdeer fly around saw two Wilson Snipe mixed in with them.

I then went to Wildwood and Villa Angela Parks (Euclid Creek Reservation) on Lakeshore Blvd @ E. 174th.  I parked near Lakeshore and as I walked down to the creek I heard the Carolina Wren and then a juvenile Bald Eagle flew up from the trees on the east side of the creek just north of the condos.  Then immediately a group of 30 Tundra Swans flew from the south straight north over my head then as they got to the lake I could see then slowing fly east and then since they were out of my range the colors and photographic opportunities would of been much better with the white against the sky.  Otherwise, a quick walk through both parks as my fingers were freezing I found only Song Sparrows in Villa Angela ~ 16, and in Wildwood along Euclid Creek down from the bridge in the newly planted grassy hill approx. 20 Song Sparrows, 1 American Tree Sparrow and 1 Field Sparrow.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH (NE Cuyahoga)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/page2/?details=1