OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2014

From:
Gene Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gene Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2014 18:10:18 -0500
Early this afternoon I observed 12 Sandhill Cranes long River Drive in
Pickaway County.

To reach this location from Circleville take US Route 23 south from the
interchange with State Routes 22 and 56 about 4.5 miles to Radcliff Road.
Turn right (west) on Radcliff Rd about 2 miles until it dead ends into River
Drive. You will pass Charlie's Pond on the way.

Turn right onto River Drive and shortly you will find a narrow pond
extending from the right side of the road. The Sandhill Cranes were about 50
yards from the road beside this pond. There were also a number of ducks and
a few other birds on the pond and nearby. A complete list can be found at