From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:29:48 -0400
No doubt this has been announced on the myriad other ways birders report
birds, but Paul Gardner and I ran into Jason Simonis at the Teal Pond at
Battelle-Darby MP this morning; Jason had relocated the male
yellow-headed blackbird in shoreline vegetation across the water to the
west. Ohio has a few nesting yhbb in Ottawa NWR, but they are scarce. We
have records in Franklin County: a M/F pair near Groveport in the summer
of 1873, six males in Columbus in March 1931, another at this same park
in May of 2010, and another here in September of 2011.  There also are
at least nine winter reports, mostly at feeders. Always a good find.
Bill Whan
Cols