From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:19:10 -0700
I was at Villa Angela and Wildwood Parks today from 10am til 1:50pm.  I spent a lot of time in the marina parking lot and Villa Angela, not so much along Euclid Creek. I had some new birds for me (not necessarily for the park).  Seemed to be more sparrow and swallow variety today and lots of Northern Flickers.  Saw four singing Brown Thrashers here today and my first Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  Hard to find any Red-breasted Mergansers today.  Here is some of what I saw:

Black-crowned Night-Herons 6 in Villa Angela seen from bathhouse
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Turkey Vultures 8
Bufflehead 1
Lesser Scaup 3, Coot 3
Caspian Terns 2
Double-crested Cormorants - small groups seen
Bonaparte's Gulls only a few (not as many as last few days)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (only 1)
Northern Flickers ~ 18 (kept seeing them flying from the east across marina - many in VA)
Tree Swallows 3
Barn Swallows 3-4 (new for me here)
Northern Rough-winged Swallows 2 along creek
Golden-crowned Kinglets 7
Brown Creepers 5
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET 1 (my first)
Hermit Thrush ~ 9
Brown Thrashers 4 all singing west of grassy knoll
Yellow-rumped Warblers 2 in VA  (I had one in Wildwood on 4/12)
Eastern Towhee 2 m&f
Chipping Sparrow 1 (west end of field) (new for me here- did also hear singing at my house today)
Savannah Sparrows 6 (all along grassy strips in marina parking lot/pavement/liked to stand on concrete parking barriers in lot)
Fox Sparrows 4
Song Sparrows 12
Swamp Sparrows 3 (2 field in VA/1 in WW)
White-throated Sparrow 2
Dark-eyed Junco 3

The field north of the library had wet areas at the southwest end with bathing sparrows.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/