From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 21:38:34 -0400
Following up on a phone call from Ben Morrison about a probable Pacific Loon at Berlin Lake in Portage County, from about 6PM to 6:40PM, today, Sunday; my wife Denise and I arrived at the US224 Causeway Area at about 7:35PM. Fortunately upon our arrival, Jeff Harvey already had the reported bird in scope view. The loon by now, had drifted from the Portage County side of the lake to the east, and the Mahoning County side of the lake. Three Common Loons were also on the lake in the general area. At one time, the smaller, darker backed, probable Pacific Loon, passed directly in front of one of the Common Loons, for a great size and color comparison. A scope was necessary for viewing. The loons were all on the north side of the causeway, a good distance out.

Bob Lane / Mahoning County