From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 10:22:14 -0400
I'm not sure if others have seen it/them yet, but I made an early a.m. stop
by Preston Rd. yesterday on my way to Three Creeks, and on second pass had
an adult at last year's nest (see checklist below for photos):

Hopefully they set up shop again this year!  If you go looking, give these
birds a little space.  I suspect these returning birds are extremely
tolerant of human activity and the occasional parked car near the nest, but
it is a bit early in the nesting season.  A cooper's hawk was perched in a
tree just up the block, so perhaps they too will have another season of
nesting in the area.

On my way to Three Creeks, I had 1st spring male PURPLE FINCH at Capital
University I was lucky to hear while driving by on College

and some early migrants at Three Creeks Metro Park Confluence area. Photos
and full list at

Good birding,
Paul

--
Paul J. Hurtado
Postdoctoral Fellow, The Ohio State University

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Webpage: http://people.mbi.ohio-state.edu/hurtado.10