From:
"J. Hochadel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Hochadel
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2014 14:45:57 -0400
If anyone spots this weather balloon while birding our North Coast, please
contact these folks. The students who released it are from Case Western
Reserve University. Thanks!

Judy Hochadel

[HELP] Our Research capsule landed in lake erie (42.21193 -80.67111)

Earlier today, we launched a High Altitude Research Balloon [HARB] with
some really expensive electronics in the capsule hanging underneath it. We
have been in constant GPS contact with the capsule but the batteries will
die by the end of the week. We released the capsule today at 6:05am and it
reached ~120,000 ft (NearSpace) around 7:30am. We have two High speed 4K
cameras on the balloon to record sunrise from the edge of space and a
flight computer to measure atmospheric data and help with recovery.
Experiments like these are important for the scientific community.

CAN SOMEONE HELP US RETRIEVE IT?

If you know someone who can help us, please help us get in touch with them.

[We have contacted the coast guards.... but they don't care unless its a
"human being" in danger. Sigh!]

THANK YOU!

http://observer.case.edu/student-entrepreneurs-on-quest-to-recover-their-lost-high-altitude-research-balloon-from-middle-of-lake-erie/

https://www.facebook.com/carbonorigins