From:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:42:17 -0400
I'm passing this along for those of you who might be interested in attending.

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:38:39 +0000
Subject: Registration NOW OPEN - 2014 Midwest Bird Conservation and Monitoring Workshop!!

        Network Email

                    Creating Bird Friendly Landscapes in the Midwest

August 4-8, 2014

Country Inn and Suites

Port Washington, Wisconsin

Come join us for a terrific five-day workshop, abounding with inspiring speakers, focused working group sessions, presentations on the latest scientific findings, educational field trips, and hands-on training opportunities!  For the first time, we are also organizing an evening social event to explore successful habitat restoration projects within an important migratory bird stopover corridor.  Registration is free, but participants will be responsible for lodging, travel, and meal costs.

Present a poster or talk on research, monitoring, management, and/or education efforts addressing bird and habitat conservation goals.
Contribute to collaborative working group sessions that will explore how to coordinate and integrate monitoring into conservation and management decisions.
Participate in hands-on workshops on our Midwest Avian Data Center and Bird Conservation at Home.
Enjoy local birding, good cuisine, and great camaraderie!

NEW!!  Download our Workshop-at-a-glance!  (PDF) (Word Document)

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!

Download a registration form and send it in by Monday, July 14, 2014.  (PDF) (Word Document)

A Block of Hotel Rooms Has Been Reserved at the Country Inn and Suites-Port Washington until July 4, 2014.

You are encouraged to make your reservation ASAP.  Call (262) 284-2100 to reserve a single room ($75/day) or share a suite with a friend or colleague ($90/night).
The block of rooms is reserved under "Midwest Bird Workshop."
We have booked as many rooms as possible, and overflow guests will be directed to other area hotels once the block is filled.

Call for Papers will be announced May 2, 2014 - stay tuned to our event webpage.

 Finally, thank you to the many volunteers who stepped forward to help plan working group sessions and workshops, lead field trips, and take care of logistics for the workshop and social event.  We couldn't do this without you!

Katie

        Visit Midwest Coordinated Bird Monitoring Partnership at: http://midwestbirdmonitoring.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

    To control which emails you receive on Midwest Coordinated Bird Monitoring Partnership, click here