From:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2014 08:21:23 -0400
Sat AM I heard what I think is a Wood Thrush in the small wooded lot
behind me.  Surrounded by apts, roads etc.  Not something I've heard
here before.
Marie, Fairborn area

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:37:22 -0400 From: Paul Hurtado
<[log in to unmask]> Subject: Any signs of fallout in SW Ohio? I
noticed on this morning's NEXRAD radar (
http://www.pauljhurtado.com/US_Composite_Radar/2014-4-24/animated_sunrise.html)
that the storm passed into Ohio just as night migrants were landing
around sunrise. If went birding at your local migrant traps despite the
wet weather, did you find anything new? Positive and negative reports
are welcomed! :-) If you're stuck in the city for the day, definitely
those small patches of green surrounded by heavily paved urban areas
(e.g. the gardens around the state house in Columbus, etc.) -- any birds
that put down in your area have likely found and used those patches of
temporary shelter as stopover habitat. Good birding, -Paul Hurtado PS:
White-eyed Vireo and Swainson's Thrush at Glen Echo park in Columbus
yesterday evening. -