From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 19:31:25 -0400
Today I added more FOS birds, mostly warblers:
Am Redstart
Nashville
Blue-winged
N Waterthrush (thx to the birders who alerted me to this one)
Worm-eating (heard only)
Kentucky
(1st 5 at Clear Creek, the KY at Wahkeena)

Combined w/alr seen ovenbird, Com Yellowthroat & La waterthrush, looks like the total warbler haul is 19.

Some other birders at Clr Crk said they had seen a Cerulean but I dipped on that one.

Other FOS birds:
Hermit Thrush (Wahkeena)
Yellow-throated Vireo (Clr Crk)

Also heard/saw a Hooded Warbler at Wahkeena singing an alternate song--glad I saw it singing b/c I couldn't figure whose song it was.

A v memorable weekend. Since I leave OH in Aug to return to AZ, I am savoring one more bountiful OH spring.

I got most of the Clr Crk warblers on the chestnut trail near the jct w/the tulip trail. They were in a large mixed flock where the dominant species was Yellow-rumped.

Other nice birds from Clr Crk:
3 Solitary Sandpipers
1 Greater Yellowlegs
Wood Ducks
Pileated WP
Broad-winged Hawk that was being harassed by a B-G Gnatcatcher!
Red-shouldered Hawk (calling)

Wahkeena: I missed it but the area had its first Red-headed WP today.

There was also a Little Brown Bat getting a drink from the beaver pond in daylight in the same way swallows do. Then it settled in for a snooze upside down in a tree by the same pond. Amazing.

Peggy Wang
Lancaster
Sent from my iPhone