From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2014 19:53:15 -0500
My bad!  Chris Decker corrected my initial report of White-winged Scoters -
they are Surf Scoters!  Here are the looooong away shots zoomed in on the
computer to validate:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/85567104@N05/with/13592326683.

Sorry for the hasty report.  I have only been seeing White-winged this
winter and was not being careful.

I did see three Common Loons (FOS for me) and one Red-necked Grebe along
with several other species of ducks and nice terrestrials on the way from
the car to the top of the dike.

Matt Valencic

Chagrin Falls, OH