From:
James E Fry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James E Fry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 22:00:44 -0400
This evening(Tuesday)there were two Willets and three Spotted Sandpipers
on the beach at Lake Logan in Hocking County. That was until a car pulled
up, stopped and four people jumped out and ran directly at the birds,
scaring away all five. The two Willets came back to another part of the
beach. As soon as the people saw them they ran straight toward them and
scared both Willets away. This time I thought the birds were leaving as
they flew higher and higher but then they began a descent and landed on a
more distant part of the beach. I wasn't going to let them scare the
birds away a third time so I stood on the beach between the people and
the Willets. After some time the people got in their car and left. I
stayed until darkness and rain began. The Willets were still there.
Hopefully, the four girls will be in school tomorrow and birders will be
able to see these rare Hocking County visitors.
Jim Fry
Hocking County