From:
Craig Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 14:56:49 -0700
Ryan Golterman and I had a great time birding in Wayne Co. today.  We started at Funk Bottoms WA/Wilderness Rd. and had the following there: 14 tundra swans, wood ducks, gadwalls, Am. wigeon, Am. black ducks, n. pintails, blue-winged teal, n. shovelers, green-winged teal, redheads, ring-necked ducks, lesser scaup, buffleheads, ruddy ducks, pied-billed grebe, horned grebe, double-crested cormorants, 3 bald eagles, Am. kestrel, sandhill cranes, Am. coots, 8 greater yellowlegs, 12 lesser yellowlegs, 75 pectoral sandpipers, the male RUFF, Wilson's snipe, 3 Caspian terns, e. phoebe, tree swallows, barn swallows, horned lark, n. mockingbird, e. bluebirds, Lapland longspur, Am. tree sparrows, and savannah sparrows.  Next we went to Kidron, and saw and heard the pair of EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVES behind the Kidron Pizza building.  Our last stop was at the Shreve fish pond, it was mostly mudflats with these birds there: 10 great egrets, great blue herons, greater
 yellowlegs, 4 lesser yellowlegs, and a couple pectoral sandpipers.  It was great to feel the sun out there today!!  Craig Holt, Poland Twp.