From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 18:16:55 -0700
Today I returned to Sims Park in Euclid today from 10:30 to 12:20pm so I could get a better look with a scope.  The lake was smooth as glass.  There were so many ducks especially to the northeast past the highrise apt bldgs it was impossible to see and ID all the ducks.  There had to be at least 700-800 Red-breasted Mergansers.  I tried counting what I could see and got to 200 Scaup, 20-25 Redhead, 95 Common Goldeneye, 7-8 Bufflehead, 10 Horned Grebes, 2 Hooded Mergansers, 2 Blue-winged Teal, 2 Green-winged Teal (both together) 1 Surf Scoter, approx. 70 Double-crested Cormorants,  2 Canvasbacks, 45 Bonaparte's Gulls, 2 Killdeer, 2 Belted Kingfishers.  Also, 2 American Tree Sparrows, and 3 Fox Sparrows, 1 Cowbird, 1 Eastern Phoebe.

I put the scope away and walked around the whole park.  Then on my one last pass I walked down the driveway to the pier and walked around the small woods just west of the driveway south of the beach and north of the disc golf fairway that is very low and wet)  I heard a tiny sound and then saw one Brown Creeper in the same general area I saw one on 12/21/13.  Also up on the bluff on the far east end of park overlooking the lake was a pair of YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS (only got one fuzzy picture of one).

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/