From:
"Simpson, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpson, Bruce
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:41:32 -0400
     Lake Hope State Park & Zaleski State Forest are located 17 miles south
of Nelsonville(Rte 33), off of Rte 278, The Pine, Louisiana Waterthrush,
Yellow-throated, & Yellow-rumped Warblers were in various areas & I had 1
Prairie Warbler near the Lake Hope Schoolhouse. Below is a list of some of
the birds seen.

    Irish Ridge
              Warblers
                 Yellow-throated
                 Pine
             Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

    Hope Furnace
            Warblers
               Louisiana Waterthrush
               Yellow-throated

  Lake Hope Schoolhouse
            Prairie Warbler

 Baptist Church Rd
            Warblers
              Louisiana Waterthrush
              Pine
           Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
           Pileated Woodpecker

King Hollow Rd
        Hawks
           Red-tailed
           Red-shouldered

E Raccoon Rd
       Ducks
          Blue-winged Teal-male
          Wood Duck-9 males, 2 females

      It was a beautiful day!!  At the beginning there was a lot of
activity & singing, There was little vegetative growth. I agree with Rob
Royce., There is probably more activity in Shawnee. However we will be
getting some sunny days & south winds & there should be more birds by the
weekend

                      Bruce Simpson-Naturalist at Blendon woods Metro Park
in Columbus