From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2014 18:40:51 -0700
I haven't spend much time at Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks on the east side of Cleveland the last few weeks as I have been going to my mothers in Lakeside and to Magee Marsh the last two weekends.  Being busy I was finally able to get to Villa Angela/Wildwood Thurs 5/22 after 5pm.  I also went Saturday 5/24, skipped yesterday and went again today.  Today I was there from around 9:30am to 4:15pm.  It was not as birdy today for migrants so I was really trying hard to find whatever I could as time seems to be running out for warblers.  I thought I had seen a Mourning Warbler in Wildwood earlier two different times but could not get good enough looks or pictures as the bird was hiding low along rotten log and then hidden in dead thickets so I kept returning even when I had run out of energy.  I finally was able to refind the bird (or a different bird) and got good enough pictures to confirm I had found a female CONNECTICUT WARBLER.  The bird was
 on the Wildwood Park side near the part of Euclid Creek that runs south of the marina parking lot.  If you walk through the Wildwood woods and go down to the creek and turn left and go around to you can see the bridge further down.  The park people have sprayed a lot of the vegetation (including Japanese knotweed) so it looks kind of dead around there.  This area is below the grassy hill that they were trying to plant grass awhile back.  There are logs and thickets and the bird was hiding around there but not far from the creek near dry dirt path along weeds.  It originally was on the left but when I returned a third time it was in a bush closer to the creek on the right side then actually went into a willow over the creek with thickets til it flew up to a tall green thicket tree.

5/26 Other birds seen in addition to female Connecticut Warbler,
Indigo Bunting 1, Blackpoll 2, Northern Parula 1, American Redstarts 5, Canada Warbler 1, Palm Warbler 1, Common Yellowthroat 2, Swainson's Thrush 3, female Wood Duck + 11 babies, Savannah Sparrow 1, Spotted Sandpipers 2, Willow Flycatcher 1 and many Cedar Waxwings the last few days.

5/24
Bald Eagles 2 adults seen a very long time perched on almost dead willow tree in the southeast section of the wetland.  American Redstarts 6, Wilson's Warbler 3, Chestnut-sided Warbler 1, Common Yellowthroat 2, Magnolia Warbler 1, Canada Warbler 1, Blackpoll Warbler

5/22
Blue-winged Teal 1, Warblers: Blackpoll 1, Ovenbird 1, Redstart 2, Northern Parula 1, Magnolia 2, Black-throated Green 1, Northern Waterthrush 1, Wilson's 1.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/