From:
Jon Benedetti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Benedetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2014 18:19:30 -0400
   Today's Mountwood Bird Club outing to Newell's Run for Birds and
Wildflowers was attended by Sandy Albrecht, Nancy Cornes, Diane Sanders,
Lucine Wright, Susan and Tim Moellendick, Pat Collins and I.  There were
several First Of Year birds for me.

   Highlights: asterisks "*" indicate birds of particular interest to me.

Wood Duck
Red-breasted Merganser
*Common Loon - FOY - quarry south of WI L&D
Green Heron
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Cooper's Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Killdeer
**Willet - FOY - 8 at Newell's Run
Spotted Sandpiper - FOY
Ring-billed Gull
*Black-billed Cuckoo - FOY - 2
Eastern Phoebe
*Least Flycatcher - FOY
Eastern Kingbird - FOY
White-eyed Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Warbling Vireo - FOY
*Philadelphia Vireo - FOY
Purple Martin
Tree Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Bank Swallow - FOY
Barn Swallow
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
Wood Thrush
Gray Catbird
Brown Thrasher

Blue-winged Warbler - 5
Yellow Warbler - 3+
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler - 1
American Redstart - 5+
Worm-eating Warbler - 5+
Ovenbird - 20+
Louisiana Waterthrush - 2
Kentucky Warbler - 1
Common Yellowthroat - 6
Hooded Warbler - 5

Scarlet Tanager
**Blue Grosbeak -2 - at the quarry below WI L&D
Eastern Meadowlark
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole

Other birds:

Canada Goose
Mallard
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodepcker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

 81 species and I probably missed a couple.

Jon Benedetti
Vienna, WV