From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2014 09:19:31 -0400
Greetings!

Great two days birding.  97 first day, 89 species today with 112 for the
combined two days.  Not too bad.  Though if I had hung out with Tom Bartlet
all day, I would have had 103 or 104 for the day...or whatever the final
number was. :-D  But my total species count would have only gone up to 115
or so.

Best birds:

Day 1: Neotropic Cormorant, and Snowy Egret (Both over in Sandusky)

Day 2: Kentucky Warbler...and the two second view I got of a Mourning
Warbler.

Only disappointment: No Orange-crowned Warbler...:-( But that is for next
year I guess...If I didn't need all my days this year for something in the
summer, I could have possibly gotten it...but I will try again next year.

I have about 3-400 pictures to go through...looks like a rough week for my
computer. :-D I will post a blog entry later on this week with all the
photos from there.  I did get a chance to get my hands on a Tamron 150-600
this weekend...on a Canon body...so sorry, no pics from it.  First
impressions are that it is a well built lens, quiet, and good detail. A
little heavier than the Sigma, but still lighter than the Nikon 500mm.
Only downside so far is that the zoom ring turns the wrong way...but I can
deal with that I guess. :-D

I am saddened for the family of the man that had passed away while there.
Without going into detail...I think he died in a place that he loved. I
remember seeing his van every year, and the Orioles he attracted to it. :-)
He will be missed.

Tell your mother/wife Happy Mother's Day, and that you love her, and take
her birding...unless she wants to go to a restaurant...then I guess you do
what she wants to do. :-D

List of birds seen are below.

Happy Birding and God Bless!

Steve J.

Magee Marsh Wildlife Area--Boardwalk, Lucas, US-OH
May 10, 2014 5:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.3
89 species

Canada Goose  3
Trumpeter Swan  2
Wood Duck  4