From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 11:24:32 -0400
A Kirtland's warbler was found at the Lake Metroparks Lake Erie Bluffs Park at 11:00 this morning.  The bird was singing sporadically in the northwest corner of the big field west of Lane Road.  The bird is in some dense brush and has only showed itself a couple times.  To get to the spot take Lane Road north until the turnaround.  You'll see a gasoline corridor running directly west from just south of the turnaround.  Take the corridor straight west and at the woods take the trail north.  Its in this area.

The Brewster's was in the north central section of the same large field.  It was singing a blue winged song.  I also had blue-winged in the southwest corner of the same field.  Other birds of note are 3 yellow-breasted chats, numerous willow and one alder flycatcher, and mockingbird.

Wear boots, it is we're in spots.  For directions check  lakemetroparks.com .

John Pogacnik