From:
"Paul H." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H.
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2014 12:15:41 -0400
The Rock Wren was seen again at Hochstetler Wood around 11:45. It was seen
in the same stack of pallets on the north side of the main shop where it was
seen on Wednesday morning.

The bird obviously only occasionally moves thru that area. I know that many
people have searched neighboring areas to try to find it with no success.

It was not seen at all yesterday and only seen a few times on Wednesday. It
was seen once on Tuesday night by the big silo on the property and was first
seen on Monday by a non-birder at Millers Buggy Shop down the hill from
Hochstetlers.

Birders are welcome to look for the bird. It is suggested to look after 4PM
today or anytime of the day Saturday or Sunday. The business closes at 4.

At this point the chances of seeing the bird are not great as I know of many
birders that have spend a lot of time looking for it and haven't seen it
including myself. I know of others including Bruce Glick who drove in from
Ind. and saw it soon after they arrived.

As I was typing this I received a call from Mike Hershberger. The bird was
seen again for about 10 minutes. Good photos were taken. It flew to the
north and landed in a hay rake that is setting in the field. From there it
flew over to the yard at Millers Buggy Shop where it was first seen on Monday.

Good luck, Paul H.