From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2014 12:00:50 -0400
Hi everyone,

I was just going to reply off-list to Tammy, but I thought it was worth
reminding everyone that attachments can't be sent through the listserv (a
security measure so that viruses or other malicious software aren't
accidentally distributed to everyone).

Tips for sharing photos & video...

1. Post them to a free photosharing service (flickr, photobucket,
picasa/youtube/google, dropbox, etc. full list at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photo-sharing_websites) then share the
link.  For example, here's a phonescoped Blue-gray gnatcatcher working on a
nest:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljhurtado/14192801924/

2. Facebook photos can be shared in a simlar way, BUT you need to make sure
that the permissions are set to "Public" otherwise only your Facebook
friends can see the photo/video.  For example this Black-bellied Whistling
Duck photo should be visible to everyone:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203438415219618&set=a.2419439883944.297184.1189807810&type=1&theater

whereas this photo of my toddler on the Magee boardwalk isn't publicly
visible

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152889680051164&set=t.1189807810&type=3&theater

Good birding,
-Paul Hurtado

--
Paul J. Hurtado
Postdoctoral Fellow, The Ohio State University

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Webpage: http://people.mbi.ohio-state.edu/hurtado.10