From:
Ronnie Shari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ronnie Shari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2014 08:25:59 -0400
I agree with Haans. We live pretty much directly south of Laura in
northeast Stark county and are seeing increasing numbers of grosbeaks not
only on our property but also in the general area. This could be partly due
to less agricultural acres. Some of those acres now have homes and some
have been let go to return to the natural woodland type habitat.
Another  observation about grosbeaks, at least in our yard, is that they
seem to adapt easily to human presence. They seem a little "tame" and many
times allow close approach, especially if I am loading up the feeders.

Shari Jackson