From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2014 13:17:36 -0400
Greetings!
I hopped over to Big  Island Wilderness Area to get the reported Bell's
Vireo.  My thanks to Doug Overacker for the good directions to my last
Vireo species for Ohio!...although, I walked in the field and not the RR
tracks. :-)  It/he sang from when I got there till when I left, and gave a
few really good views.  Got a few pictures  which I posted here:

http://www.sjlarue.com/bells-vireo#h128b7f41

For those with GPS, here is where I spotted it.: 40.585732, -83.239114
Park in the parking lot just east of that location and walk in the field
across the tracks from the parking lot.

Also had 19 Double-crested Cormorants sunning themselves in one of the
units back along Larue Prospect Rd.

Got lots of other typical species for here as well.  Full list below.

Big Island Wildlife Area, Marion, US-OH
May 27, 2014 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
38 species

Canada Goose  20
Trumpeter Swan  2
Wood Duck  2
Mallard  2
Blue-winged Teal  2
Pied-billed Grebe  2
Double-crested Cormorant  19
Great Blue Heron  10
Great Egret  1
Turkey Vulture  4
Bald Eagle  2
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Sora  2
Common Gallinule  8
American Coot  4
Killdeer  10
Mourning Dove  8
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Willow Flycatcher  8
Bell's Vireo  1     Acting like male defending territory, Identified by
song.
Tree Swallow  8
Barn Swallow  8
Marsh Wren  10