From:
Cynthia Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2014 23:09:19 -0400
I heard it about 2:15pm as I started around the loop trail, then about a
mile later one flew near me before hunkering down in the tall grasses.

Location

Edit Location
<http://ebird.org/ebird/submit?edit=true&locID=L1171538&subID=S18617512>

Springfield Bog, Summit County, Ohio, US ( Map
<http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=41.0103132,-81.3978767&ll=41.010
3132,-81.3978767>  )

Date and Effort

Edit Date and Effort <http://ebird.org/ebird/edit/effort?subID=S18617512>

Thu May 29, 2014 2:05 PM

Protocol:

Traveling

Party Size:

1

Duration:

1 hour(s), 30 minute(s)

Distance:

1.6 mile(s)

Observers:

Cynthia Norris

Comments:

First time there, nice area; temperature near 80, mostly sunny with breezes.

Species

Edit Species List <http://ebird.org/ebird/edit/checklist?subID=S18617512>
<http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18617512#spp-list> Hide Media

19 species (+1 other taxa) total

1

Northern Bobwhite

Heard it singing two different times, it seemed far away. Sang bob - white
as well as a last parting phrase, poor- bob-white. Later in the walk around
the loop, one flew very near me and I could ID it. - facial pattern, chunky
bird, likes grasslands.

3

Turkey Vulture

1

Red-tailed Hawk

5

Mourning Dove

1

Northern Flicker

1

Eastern Wood-Pewee

1

Eastern Kingbird

1

Blue Jay

3

Tree Swallow

2

American Robin

3

Gray Catbird

1

Brown Thrasher

6

European Starling

3

Yellow Warbler

1

Eastern Towhee

6

Field Sparrow

11

Song Sparrow

2

sparrow sp.

Took pictures of a different looking sparrow. Will try to id by tomorrow.

14

Red-winged Blackbird

8

Common Grackle

Edit Answer <http://ebird.org/ebird/edit/checklist?subID=S18617512>

Are you submitting a complete checklist of the birds you were able to
identify?

Yes