From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2014 15:01:04 -0400
Went down to Zaleski yesterday to try and get pics of a YB Chat and some
Worm-eating Warblers.  If you have never gone, it is definitely a go to
place. Warblers were everywhere.  Ceruleans seemed to be every 100 yards.
Chats were in good numbers if you knew where to look. (recovering clear cut
areas).  I didn't see any Grouse, but there were hunters out, so those that
were around were probably hiding. Big thanks to Robert Royce for the places
to narrow down my search. And Bruce Simpson for the lead on a Worm-eating.

A list of birds are below.

I have started writing blog posts for my bird finds...to make it easier to
cross post on Facebook and other platforms. I put one up for some of the
Warbler pics.  Feel free share if you so desire.:

http://www.sjlarue.com/blog/2014/5/ironing-out-my-warblers

Look for me at Magee next weekend.  I will probably be wearing a Camo shirt
and a Waffle House hat.  I probably will be on the tower, or with Tom,
unless there is an Orange-crowned Warbler somewhere on the boardwalk,  I
still need one of those.:-D

Happy birding and God Bless

Steve J.

Zaleski State Forest-- Vinton, US-OH
May 2, 2014 10:31 AM - 12:38 PM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)
Comments:
30 species

Turkey Vulture  2
Mourning Dove  1
Red-headed Woodpecker  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  1
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  2
Tree Swallow  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2
Eastern Bluebird  1
American Robin  5
Northern Mockingbird  1
Ovenbird  1
Worm-eating Warbler  3
Blue-winged Warbler  1
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Nashville Warbler  1
American Redstart  1
Cerulean Warbler  4
Magnolia Warbler  1
Blackburnian Warbler  1
Black-throated Blue Warbler  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
Eastern Towhee  5
Song Sparrow  2
Scarlet Tanager  2
Northern Cardinal  2

Vinton Furnace State Experimental Forest, Vinton, US-OH
May 2, 2014 1:40 PM - 2:49 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments: